[accesscomp] FW: Put These Five Nontoxic Essential Ingredients In Your Cupboard!, Dan's tip for January 19 2015

  • From: "Robert Acosta" <boacosta@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "access comp" <accesscomp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 19 Jan 2015 08:05:22 -0800

Robert Acosta, President

Helping Hands for the Blind

(818) 998-0044

www.helpinghands4theblind.org

From: dan Thompson [mailto:dthompson5@xxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Monday, January 19, 2015 5:41 AM
To: dan Thompson
Subject: Put These Five Nontoxic Essential Ingredients In Your Cupboard!,
Dan's tip for January 19 2015

Put These Five Nontoxic Essential Ingredients In Your Cupboard!

Conventional cleaning products may seem like a great convenience, but here's
a little secret:  cleaning with common nontoxic household staples is
cheaper, simpler, and a whole lot safer. Here  are five natural housekeeping
necessities that can clean almost anything:

White distilled vinegar is a great all-purpose cleaner that disinfects,
deodorizes, pulls dirt from  wood, and dissolves hard water scale, gummy
residues, and tarnish. It also works wonders on  windows. Put 1/4 cup in
your laundry rinse cycle to remove detergent completely from clothes and to
eliminate that scratchy feel. What can't it do?

Lemon juice can be used as a cleaner to cut grease, polish metal, and
lighten stains. For a laundry  brightener, add 1/2 cup of strained juice to
the rinse cycle. To remove tarnish, rub sliced lemons  sprinkled with baking
soda on brass, copper, bronze and aluminum.

Baking soda neutralizes odors and makes a good sink, tub, oven and
countertop scourer. Sprinkle it  on carpets before vacuuming. Line litter
boxes with a cup before adding litter. To de-grease and  deodorize drains,
pour in 1/2 cup of baking soda followed by 1 cup of vinegar; let bubble for
15  minutes and rinse with hot water. For a "soft scrub," mix together
baking soda and liquid soap in  single-use amounts. As a cleaner, baking
soda is a work horse and no home is complete with out a  box.

Washing soda is baking soda's stronger cousin. It requires the use of gloves
and more rinsing, so  save this cleaner for extra-stubborn stains. To clean
ovens, apply a paste of 1 cup baking soda,  1/4 cup of washing soda, plus
water, and soak overnight. Add 1/2 cup washing soda to laundry as a
detergent booster.

Borax is a good mold and mildew solution. This alkaline mineral is found in
the laundry aisle and  can also be used in place of washing soda as a
cleaner. For an extra-strength toilet bowl cleaner,  pour 1 cup of borax
into the toilet before going to bed and scrub and flush next morning. One
note:  borax can be toxic when swallowed, so take extra care when using and
storing it.

Article source:

http://healthychild.org/easy-steps/put-these-five-nontoxic-essentials-ingred
ients-in-your-cupboard/

To subscribe to Dan's tips or HotSpot with God Daily Devotional, send a
blank message to dthompson5@xxxxxxxxx and include "subscribe Dan's Tips" or
Subscribe HotSpot with God" in the subject line.

My soul finds rest in God alone; my salvation comes from him. He alone is my
rock and my salvation; he is my fortress, I will never be shaken.

Psalm 62:1-2