[accesscomp] Dan's Tip of the Day

  • From: "Robert Acosta" <boacosta@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <aw-announcements@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 19 May 2015 13:20:35 -0700

Here’s How to Download and Delete What Google Search Knows About You

https://www.yahoo.com/tech/heres-how-to-download-and-delete-what-google-117031199754.html

<https://www.yahoo.com/tech/author/daniel-howley> Daniel HowleyTechnology
Reporter‎April‎ ‎23‎, ‎2015

Have you ever wondered what Google Search really knows about you? Well, now you
can check, as Google has added a new feature that lets you view and download
your entire search history.

Yep. Everything.

The feature, which was spotted by the unofficial Google Operating System Blog
<http://googlesystem.blogspot.co.uk/2015/04/export-google-search-history.html>

http://googlesystem.blogspot.co.uk/2015/04/export-google-search-history.html

though VentureBeat points out
<http://venturebeat.com/2015/04/20/google-now-lets-you-export-your-search-history/>
that the function was made available in January — gives you access to
everything from what you searched for to the links you clicked on from those
searches. It also shows you the addresses you’ve searched for.

The Best Luxury Cars Under $35,000

Kelley Blue Book Sponsored

<http://info.yahoo.com/privacy/us/yahoo/relevantads.html> 

I don't like this ad

Thank you for your feedback

We'll review and make changes needed.
<https://www.yahoo.com/tech/heres-how-to-download-and-delete-what-google-117031199754.html#0>
Undo

Why don't you like this ad ?

· It's offensive to me

· I keep seeing this

· It's not relevant to me

· Something else

Done

I was even able to see the list of images I clicked on while searching for
pictures of cats eating spaghetti. Now imagine what you’ve looked for. Oh, and
clearing your browser history won’t delete this data.

But there’s no reason to panic, because in addition to being able to download
your search history, you can clear it.

First, here’s how to download your history:

1. Navigate to Google’s Web and App Activity
<https://history.google.com/history/> page.

https://accounts.google.com/Login?continue=https://history.google.com/history/
<https://accounts.google.com/Login?continue=https://history.google.com/history/&hl=en>
&hl=en

2. Next, click the gear icon in the top-right corner of the screen.

Note for screenreader users: I needed sighted assistance to reach the icon
mentioned. Links mode did not find it nor did the find feature.

I believe you must be signed in for example if you have a username and
password to gmail that would work.

3. Then select Download from the drop-down menu.

LifeCell Sponsored

u’ll then receive a pop-up window warning you not to download your search
history to a public computer, as it contains a large amount of sensitive
information.

4. If you want to continue, click Create Archive.

Once your history is downloaded, you’ll receive a link in a few seconds that
lets you view your data.

If you don’t want to download your data, and would rather get rid of it, you
can do that as well. Of course, there are some reasons to let Google keep your
search data. For one thing, it guarantees faster search results. It also
ensures that Google Now has all of the latest relevant information about you.
If you delete your data, your searches won’t be as tailored to your habits.

Do you love working on cars?

UTI.edu Sponsored

<http://info.yahoo.com/privacy/us/yahoo/relevantads.html> 

Still want to get rid of your search history? Here’s how:

Before we get started, it’s worth pointing out that if you want to keep your
information hidden, you can use your browser’s privacy option, which keeps
Google from saving your data — though it can still be seen by your service
provider or employer.

Simply deleting you browser history won’t clear the data saved by Google, as
you’re only deleting the information stored by your browser and not what’s on
Google’s servers. To do that, you’ll have to:

1. Navigate to the Web and App Activity Page
<https://history.google.com/history/> and click the gear icon in the top-right
corner. The link was shown above.

2. Select Remove Items and choose the beginning of time from the drop-down menu.

3. Click Remove and kiss your data goodbye.

That’s it. All of your search history will be deleted, and you’ll never have to
worry about Google knowing about the time you looked for tickets to a Justin
Bieber concert.

Acts 1:8 <http://www.biblestudytools.com/acts/1-8.html> 8 But you will receive
power when the Holy Spirit comes on you; and you will be my witnesses in
Jerusalem, and in all Judea and Samaria, and to the ends of the earth."

To subscribe to Dan's tips or HotSpot with God Daily Devotional, send a blank
message to dthompson5@xxxxxxxxx and include "subscribe Dan's Tips" or Subscribe
HotSpot with God" in the subject line.

Robert Acosta, President

Helping Hands for the Blind