[accesscomp] Dan's Tech Tip on Washable labels

  • From: "Bob Acosta" <boacosta@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Bob Acosta" <boacosta@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 30 Aug 2010 08:06:30 -0700

    Dan's Tech Tips:

Washable Lables

Article Source:

Tech Talk Discussion List August 20 2010, "Digital Miracle now has washable
labels"

Dallas, Texas August 19, 2010, Digital Miracles, L. L. C., announced today that
washable audio labels are now available for sale on its website. The labels are
read by the Digit-Eyes app for the iPhone and enable people without vision to
permanently label clothing and to record detailed information about the garment
that is played back when they scan the label again with the app on their iPhone.

The company announced that it also now offers pre-printed audio labels as a
convenience for customers who don't have access to a printer or who just prefer
that someone else do the printing.

"Our customers let us know that identifying clothing is one of their most
important labeling needs," reports Nancy Miracle, President. "With the
introduction of our soft, washable, bleachable and dryable labels, laundry
becomes a snap and confusion in the closet a thing of the past. A number of our
customers also told us that they don't have access to a printer or simply
prefer the convenience of buying pre-printed labels. Now, we have both types of
labels available for sale."

The standard self-adhesive QR (Quick Response) Digit-Eyes barcode labels are
perfect for temporary labels, or labeling items that will stay dry such as
folders, CDs, and containers. The sturdy washable QR Digit-Eyes barcode labels
were specifically created for garments and can be permanently attached to
clothing.

"I've been waiting for these, too," says Davey Hulse, VP of Marketing. "Ever
since I heard about the Digit-Eyes concept and got my iPhone, I've been
chomping at the bit to get these labels figured out. I can't wait to grab my
iPhone and my clothes and ask my wife to help me record audio notes about them.
No more chasing around in the morning, asking: "Does this shirt go with these
pants?" From now on it's going to be really cool to be independent!"

More information:

www.digit-eyes.com

About Digit-Eyes:

Digit-Eyes is a project of Digital Miracles, L.L.C. The project focuses on
developing inexpensive solutions for the visually-impaired that employ
mainstream products and mainstream platforms.

The Digit-Eyes software application for the iPhone is available at the Apple
App Store.

About Digital Miracles, L.L.C.

Digital Miracles provides intellectual property design and analysis services,
focusing on the design, development and deployment of custom software.

Contact: Davey Hulse

(503) 559-3787

marketing@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

www.digit-eyes.com

If you have any questions about the tips posted in Dan's Tech tips, please
contact Dan at the following email address:

dthompson5@xxxxxxxxx

Robert Acosta, President
Helping Hands for the Blind
Email: boacosta@xxxxxxxxxxx
Web Site: www.helpinghands4theblind.org

You can assist Helping Hands for the Blind by donating your used computers to
us. If you have a blind friend in need of a computer, please mail us at the
above address.