[accesscomp] Cursor Position

  • From: "Wayne W Hinckley" <wwhinckley@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <accesscomp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 13 Nov 2012 10:16:13 -0700

I am running JAWS 11 and Word 2007 on an XP Home machine.

In Word the user can press Alt + Delete to have JAWS say the current cursor
position in inches in relation to the page you are on.

I have an application that I am trying to use the Web Layout View, and Alt +
Delete gives some numbers that do not make much sense to me.  Is there a way to
make those numbers more meaningful?  Especially the horizontal position to help
me line up columns.

The same problem is found in edit mode of a text file, as in using NotePad.

Thanks for any help.

Wayne Hinckley