[accesscomp] Re: Can't read a message in Windows Live Mail

  • From: "Gene" <gsasner@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: accesscomp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 13 Sep 2010 21:09:04 -0500

the question is about Windows Live Mail, which is a different program.
Also, I see no reason why Windows Messenter would have to be set up to use
Windows Mail.  Windows Mail is a stand alone e-mail program and it makes
no more sense that Windows Messenger would have to be set up when using it
as it does when using Outlook Express. I'm talking about using it to
receive e-mail from an account.  Just as you can use Outlook Express in
conjunction with Windows Messenger, I expect you can use Windows Mail in
similar ways.  But it is not necessary to have Windows Messenger set up to
use the program as a stand alone e-mail program.

I've used Windows Live Mail and it works properly and I have never set up
Windows Messenger on my computer.

As far as the problem itself is concerned, when you open a message you
should be placed in a read only edit field where you can read the message.
 That is, you are placed in a read only edit field if you are reading mail
as plain text.  What happens when you press enter on a message?  If you
can't up and down arrow and read the text, can you route the JAWS cursor
to the window and see the message text?

Gene