[accesscomp] Re: Accessible World presents An introduction to Facebook, Tek Talk, Juoly 20

  • From: Mike Pietruk <pietruk@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: accesscomp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 15 Jul 2009 06:29:37 -0400 (EDT)

Perhaps it is showing my age (56), but I am growing to accept the notion
that it is impossible to keep up with all these tools completely.

Moreover, while some form of training can give one ideas and ease the
learning curve, often, I have found that playing around with something
may, for me at least, prove to be the best teachers.
That's how the so-called "trainers" and "presenters" learned the tools as
there was no one around to do the handholding for them.

I get the sense that a lot of us blind users are apprehensive in
self-exploring many of these things in the name of some unknown or
unquantifiable fear.

Before we can pray, "Thy kingdom come," we must be willing to pray, "My kingdom
go."
Alan Redpath