[accesscomp] Re: Accessible World presents An introduction to Facebook, Tek Talk, Juoly 20

  • From: "Scott Granados" <gsgranados@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <accesscomp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 14 Jul 2009 17:30:09 -0700

Wow, I wish I had time to actually use this stuff.  I keep feeling like I fix
parts of the public Internet every day but almost never use any of the
applications.:)

I set up a facebook years ago and people keep sending me friend requests and
I'm baffled, hahaha.  Might check this one out.

Cool topic!

  Date:  Monday, July 20 2009.

  Time:  5:00 p.m. PDT, 6:00 p.m. MDT, 7:00 p.m. CDT, and 8:00 p.m. EDT

             And elsewhere in the world Tuesday 0:00 GMT

  Approximately 15 minutes prior to the event start time; go to The Pat Price
Tek Talk Training Room at:

  http://conference321.com/masteradmin/room.asp?id=rsc9613dc89eb2

  Or, alternatively.

  Select The Pat Price Tek Talk Training Room at:
http://www.accessibleworld.org. Enter your first and last names on the sign-in
screen.

  All Tek Talk training events are recorded so if you are unable to participate
live at the above times then you may download the presentation or podcast from
the Tek Talk archives on our website at http://www.accessibleworld.org

  All online interactive programs require no password, are free of charge, and
open to anyone worldwide having an Internet connection, a computer, speakers,
and a sound card. Those with microphones can interact audibly with the
presenters and others in the virtual audience or text chat with the attendees.
To speak to us, hold down the control key and talk; then let up to listen.

  If you are a first-time user of the Talking Communities online conferencing
software, there is a small, safe software program that you need to download and
then run. A link to the software is available on every entry screen to the
Accessible World online rooms.

  Sign up information for all Accessible World News Wires and discussion lists
are also available at our website http://www.accessibleworld.org.

  Accessible World Contacts:

  Robert Acosta, Chair

  Accessible World

  818-998-0044

  Email: boacosta@xxxxxxxxxxx

  Web: http://www.helpinghands4theblind.org

  Joann Becker, Events Coordinator

  Accessible World

  617-969-1213

  Email: joannbecker@xxxxxxxxxxxx

  George Buys, CEO

  Talking Communities

  Email: buys@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

  The Accessible World, a division of Helping Hands For The Blind, a 501(c) (3)
not-for-profit organization, seeks to educate the general public, the disabled
community and the professionals who serve them by providing highly relevant
information about new products, services, and training opportunities designed
specifically to eliminate geographic and access barriers that adversely affect
them.

database 4243 (20090714) __________

  http://www.eset.com