[accessbangla] Fw: Seeking your support for emergency response

  • From: "Vashkar vattacharya" <vashkar79@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <accessbangla@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 25 Nov 2007 12:21:35 +0600

Dear Friends and Colleagues,
Greetings!

I believe meanwhile many of you are engaged to support the survivors of
recent-past cyclone called 'Sidr'. We believe that the number of death is not
the single criterion to conclude the severity of disaster. People have lost
everything, rebuilding the communities is going to be the most difficult
challenge. Meanwhile actionaid together with its development partners have
committed to provide its all-out support and took side of the people.

In the post-disaster situation, apart from basic needs support, we're going to
arrange groups of people having skills to deal the issues of injury,
identification and early intervention to prevent probable impairments, serving
the old and newly acquired disability cases and to ensure the provision of
psychosocial care and support in the communities. Department of Psychiatry,
Bangabandhu Sheikh Mujib Medical University is going to join us to provide the
psychosocial care in the field and to build local capacity, which we believe,
will help restore the mental strengths, confidence and emotional capacity in
the communities. CDD has initiated to deploy community-disability-resource
persons as volunteers. Dear friends, yet the preparation we have is peanut
compared to the needs on the ground. Your help and support is needed. We would
like to draw your kind attention and look forward to your support and
cooperation in this respect. Let us work together for the greater cause, with
whatever support we have. We need persons with experiences in emergencies work,
physio, primary health care, general health care and psychosocial care to work
together with us on voluntary basis.

Looking forward to get offers/suggestions from our development friends and
partners in this regard.

In solidarity!

mahbub

Mahbub Kabir

Theme Leader,

Disability & Enabling Environment

Rights & Social Justice Sector

ActionAid Bangladesh

Tel: +880 2 9894331, +880 2 9894216, +880 2 8837796-8

Fax: +880 2 8815087

Mobile: +88 01716 671337

mahbub.kabir@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

www.actionaid.org

End poverty. Together.

ActionAid is an international anti-poverty

agency working in over 40 countries, taking

sides with poor people to end poverty and

injustice together

P Please don't print this e-mail unless you really need to. Thank you

JPEG image