[accessbangla] FreedomBox System Access Demonstrations at the ACB National Convention

  • From: "Vashkar Vattacharya" <vashkar79@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <accessbangla@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 12 Jul 2006 14:20:55 +0600

FreedomBox System Access Demonstrations at the ACB National Convention

By Mike Calvo

Have you heard? The word is out, and people are talking about the latest

innovation to hit the adaptive technology market in years. Infotech magazine's
in-depth review calls it "tremendous!"

LINK:

http://www.myfreedombox.com/content/8822392.m3u

AccessWorld Magazine calls it "unprecedented simplicity."

LINK:

http://www.afb.org/afbpress/pub.asp?DocID=aw070307

And our current users call it "life changing."

LINK:

http://www.afb.org/afbpress/pub.asp?DocID=aw070308

You maybe asking yourself:

    * What is System Access?

    * Is System Access a screen reader?

    * What is the Key to Freedom?

    * What is a U3 smart drive?

    * What is remote training and support?

Attendees of the 2006 ACB National Convention at the Hyatt Regency Jacksonville
Riverfront will have the opportunity to hear and experience the answers

to these questions and more with Serotek founder and CEO Mike Calvo

LINK:

http://www.myfreedombox.com/content/8822393.m3u

At the ACB National Convention Mike Calvo will demonstrate the new System
Access 2.1. More than a screen reader, System Access unleashes the power of
leading

applications such as Internet Explorer, Outlook, Outlook Express, Word, Adobe
Reader, MSN Messenger, Skype, Studio Recorder and many more applications

not mentioned here. System Access 2.1 requires no video chaining or
administrative privileges, so you can take your accessibility with you to any
machine

running Windows 2000 or newer.

Why pay for an expensive screen reader that gives you functions you will never
use? A typical owner of a screen reader will only use approximately 20% of

its functions. And why pay hundreds of dollars a year for upgrades?

At less than half the cost of today's leading screen reader solutions, System
Access provides a simple yet powerful interface that will empower the user

to levels they have never achieved before with only a couple of hours of
training, rather than days and days; and we provide unlimited upgrades for only

$60 per year!

With our remote training and support feature you don't even have to leave your
home to get live help from hundreds of adaptive technology trainers ready

and willing to work with you. Using the power of the Internet you no longer
have to travel to specialized training centers to get the support you need.

Utilizing our remote training and support technology you can share your
computer with a trainer, computer support professional or even another System
Access

user for help with any challenge you are having. Now try to do that with any
other screen reader.

With version 2.1 we introduce you to the U3 standard for USB flash drives. What
is U3? U3 smart drives are USB drives that are available off the shelf at

major electronics stores and offer you the ultimate in portability,
flexibility, shape, and memory capacity. Now you can access your personal
workspace

wherever you go without lugging around a laptop. U3 drives enable you to use
our powerful accessibility products including the use of hundreds of mainstream

applications for business or pleasure. U3 drives, along with System Access,
provide you access to over 98% of all Windows 2000 and newer computers. When

you are finished computing, simply unplug the U3 smart drive and walk away
knowing that your personal information leaves with you and doesn't stay on the

computer you were using.

Want to upgrade to a bigger flash drive? No problem. System Access allows you
to load it on to any 256MB or greater U3 enabled drive. Just purchase whatever

sized drive your heart desires, select "Create a Key to Freedom" from the
System Access menu, follow the easy instructions, and within a few minutes you

have your new Key to Freedom.

Learn about new aggressive pricing aimed at putting the power of System Access
into the hands of every blind user on the planet without the need of involving

a government agency. Learn about new business opportunities that will increase
successful training results, widen market penetration, lower cost of ownership

and maintenance, and of course, increase portability.

Demonstrations will be held on the following days and times at the 2006

ACB National Convention:

    * Monday: 3:00 to 4:00 p.m. and 4:30 to 5:30 p.m. in City Terrace 6

    * Tuesday: 4:00 to 5:00 p.m. and 5:30 to 6:30 p.m. in City Terrace 4

    * Wednesday: 2:30 to 3:30 p.m. and 4:00 to 5:00 p.m. in City Terrace 4

Mike Calvo will be giving away one Key to Freedom each day to the attendees of
these meetings. Mike will also be available to talk to training centers and

potential dealers. For private meetings please email

sales@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

and they will make sure to arrange for a private meeting.

We are quite excited about this year's convention and hope you can join us at
Hyatt Regency Jacksonville Riverfront.

http://www.freedombox.info/

Vashkar Vattacharya,
Program officer,
Young Power in Social Action (YPSA)
Focal Person of DAISY for all projects in Bangladesh
Convener ICT Thematic Group of NFOWD
E-mail: info@xxxxxxxxxx, vashkar79@xxxxxxxxx
Web: www.ypsa.org
www.daisy-for-all.org