[access-uk] Re: your help please

  • From: "Sandra Henshall" <oceania@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 13 Feb 2005 19:16:34 -0000

Hi Steve,
If your friend has a broadband account with BT, then zero is the correct phone number. As for the no dial tone message, I know it seems obvious, but is the modem software installed correctly, are there ADSL filters connected to every phone socket and are the leads to and from the modem in the correct sockets. I only mention this because I had the same problem when I first went on to broadband and the lead between the modem and the telephone socket was wrongly connected.
Don't know if this is of any help but maybe it would be worth checking out.

Cheers,
Sandra.
This message, and any attachments, have been checked by Mcafee virus scan prior to sending.