[access-uk] Re: xp pro and media center

  • From: "Tristram Llewellyn" <tris-l@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 27 Oct 2005 10:06:33 +0100

I respectfully beg to differ with others on this point.

Windows XP Media Centre is a subset (or at least closer to being) of XP Pro
oweing to it's use of encyption which is required for protection of the
media files and does not feature in the XP Home series products which has no
serious file access protection and no file encryption facilities.  Your
screen access product such as Jaws will see it the same way.

Regards.

Tristram Llewellyn
Sight and Sound Technology
Technical Support