[access-uk] Re: xp pro and media center

  • From: "Ray's Home" <rays-home@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 29 Oct 2005 19:45:34 +0100

Andy, think George and Andrew might between them have the solution to your
problem.  Lot's of solutions re. quiet fans coming through too.

I used to have a very noisy Fujitsu computer, but I did reduce the offensive
amount of noise from it by putting it on the floor, which in my flat is a solid
concrete floor.  I also found some large jiffy bags to place around the top and
sides, which did help a bit.  There are sound absortbant blocks you can buy
that do the same thing, but obviously, you cannot cover the fan outlets which
is obviously where a lot of the noise from the computer is expelled along with
the warm air.  This is where the under-the-desk solution can come in handy as a
more quick fix, although then you have the problem of replugging leads,
difficult at the best of timese.  One reason why I've occasionally wondered
about getting computer patchbays similar to audio patchbays.
Ray

Personal emails:  Email me at
mailto:ray-48@xxxxxxxx