[access-uk] Re: xp network problem

  • From: "Keith Barrett" <keith@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 05 Jan 2005 12:21:15 -0000

Hi George,

Well, if you want the full details, this is what happened.

After the bios upgrade, I then had an ethernet device in device manager.
This reported type and manufacturer unknown.

We followed the instructions and loaded the intel drivers with no affect.

The installation reported no problems and the files were installed to
program files\intel\desktop board.

After much fiddling, I looked at the device manager in my w 2k system
which was working and found the ethernet device and noted the driver
file name.  Then back to xp and found the nearest file name in the intel
desktop board directory.  Then back to device manager and ethernet
device install new driver and chose the file  and path of the nearest
sounding file name and, sure enough, off it went.

Without the w2k disk, I could not have done this as there is loads of stuff
in the intel desktop board directory.

It seems that the install did not complete the driver setup, although it
reported that it had done.

I have never liked onboard stuff and this lot has not increased my
fondness for it.

Thanks again for your help and direction.