[access-uk] Re: wireless routers

  • From: "Barry Toner" <barrys.groups@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 11 Oct 2004 11:47:46 +0100

Hi Alex.

I'd recommend the LINKSYS 802.11G 54MBPS BROADBAND Router.

It's roughly 65 quid and you can get it from loads off places online one
that I got it from was
www.simply.co.uk

Although I'm experiencing lots of problems trying to get in contact with
their tech support and customer services at the moment after I applyed at
firmware upgrade and it fell over.

However, it is a wonderful router and it's web interface to configure th
erouter is all standard radio buttons, checkboxes etc.

So it's very user friendly with a screenreader.

It's wireless g so it's the fastest and most secure version of wireless on
the market to date.

I was considering a d link however I was told it's configuration was quite
difficult with a screenreader to access.

Other than the individual problems I've had with this so far it's a lovely
wee router and if it was working I'd hand on heart say I was very pleased
with it.

It's got four ports, so you can hard link up for other wired computers as
well as use wireless if you wish.

I went for a router myself as apose to a PCI card for the desktop machine
because i wanted to access the net whither this machien was turne don or
not.  It always is but I was thinking if there was a technical difficulty
with this machine I didn't want to be left without internet access on my
laptop.

HTH

Barry

The pillars of any good relationship I believe are, Honesty, Trust, and
Communication.