[access-uk] wireless router help please.

  • From: "goshawk" <dj.goshawk@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, <bcab@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, <blindtech@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, <tvi-talk@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, <VICUG-L@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, <vires@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 30 Dec 2008 05:51:09 -0000

hello list,
am really hoping someone out there can help me, with a rather big problem:
I am trying to find a good wireless router, that also has 4 Ethernet ports, so
that I can network my 3 existing computers, and give them all an internet
connection, but also have wireless access, for my new laptop, that I am hoping
to get shortly, or my mobile phones, which can access wireless networks, and
will probably use the 4th Ethernet port, for an internet radio, or something
along those lines.
however, I have had a lot of problems, with routers in the past, ranging from
inaccessible software or setup, to being unable to access certain audio or
video streams when the router is inline, (particularly bbc streams)
through to the router just not working for me at all, so am trying to avoid
throwing anymore money away!
so please can anyone recommend a good wireless router, preferably one that
supports the new 108MBPS wireless standards, that hopefully won't give me any
problems, won't block access to any audio or video streams, and that has fully
accessible software and setup?
price is no object, as long as it works! as I am just about at my wits end!
thanks.

Simon Wilkes,
e-mail,
dj.goshawk@xxxxxxxxxxxx
skype name,
dj-goshawk
windows live id,
goshawk-on-horseback
goshawk-on-horseback@xxxxxxxxxx
cb call,
goshawk
phone,
02082200261, +442082200261 if outside of UK,
mobile, (voice or text)
07957880038, +447957880038 if outside of UK.