[access-uk] Re: wireless rooters

  • From: "Ibrahim Gucukoglu" <ibrahim_gucukoglu@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 7 Feb 2009 15:27:24 -0000

Hi Trace.

Give plusnet's technical team a call and ask them to do a line check.  It could
be that there is a problem with your line, exchange or their own broadband
network.  If necessary and if the fault is a result of their making, they will
send out an engineer to examine and test your line at both your home and at the
exchange level.  Are you using the master socket in your home?  That is the
socket that directly connects you to the telephone pole outside and not an
extension?  If you have tried connecting your equipment to the master socket
and the speed improves, there could be a problem with the wiring in your home
in which case you will need to contact either your landlord if your renting or
a local technician if you aren't.

Hope this is of some help.