[access-uk] Re: wireless networks

  • From: "Keith Barrett" <keith@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 06 Jan 2005 14:54:02 -0000

Hi Tony,

I believe it is possible to have both machines on a wireless connection
but perhaps admin may be easier if you have one wired.

I have a vigor 2600 which is wired and wireless.  I connect one machine
to it and anything else in the house is wireless.

These vigor routers are popular on this group and Andrew Hodgson is
an expert on them and has set them up remotely in the past.

hth
On 6 Jan 2005 at 6:12, Tony PEARCE wrote:

> Hello,
> I am going to set up a wirelessnetwork with my laptop and desktop, is
it necessary to have one computer wired to the router, or can I have both
computers connected to the router wirelessly?

>        Best wishes, Tony Pearce
> email, pearcet@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> Pembrokeshire, Wales, UK.
> ** For other list commands such as vacation mode, send a message,

Keith

- -

Keith Barrett

gw4nby