[access-uk] Re: wiping HDD.

  • From: Mobeen Iqbal <mobeeniqbal@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 19 Nov 2012 13:53:40 +0000

Hi Billy.

As far as i know you can't change the bios from safe mode. some Manufacturers did offer free utilities where you could modify it from windows, but they weren't accessible. I have built my own unattended versions of windows 7 dvd's, they are fully automatic. This is not however the place to discuss them, contact me off list. To get in to the bios for your computer, press F2 as soon as you turn it on, keep pressing it until the bios comes up. On the first screen, there will be an option called boot menu and it'll be set to disabled. enable it then press F10 to save and exit, or select the save and exit option and press yes to confirm. now on startup, press f12 repeatedly and it'll allow you to select your boot device. You can also change your boot order on the advanced page. You will need sighted help for this, consult the following link for more info on your bios:

http://forum.notebookreview.com/acer/304108-accessing-bios-5920g-change-boot-order.html

Mo.

On 19/11/2012 13:42, Barry Hill wrote:
Hi Billy

There used to be a free programme that enabled VI people to do a fresh
install, although I don't know whether it would work on Windows 7... And I
can't remember what it's called.  Still, another thing you might try is
using NVDA to set the bios.  The latest version of NVDA does work in safe
mode where I think you set the bios.

Cheers

Barry