[access-uk] Re: windows vista

  • From: "LaMcAs" <lamcas17@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 5 Jul 2011 22:18:39 +0100

I suspect it is the User Account Control.

UAC is in place so that the user can take note of exactly program is wanting
to run to ensure that no malware tries to run without their knowledge.

If they are completely wised up on their system security and do not go to
any dubious websites nor open any dubious files then you can go to Control
Panel and choose a lower level of UAC, or if they really know their stuff
can turn it off completely, but to be honest I would set it to 33% else let
the risk be theirs.

Larry & Flax GD (Guide Dog)
& Elliot RTG (Retired Guide Dog)
London, UK