[access-uk] windows shutdown problem

  • From: <alex.thynne@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bcab@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 10 Feb 2008 13:37:21 -0000

Hi

I'm getting a slightly annoying problem with windows hanging when I'm
shutting the machine down.  It only hangs a few seconds but I can tell it is
happening.  I went into the help system and started reading about the
startup and shutdown troubleshooter and various things you can do using
msconfig and there are about ten possible options to look at before going on
to the next stage.

I don't mind doing this if I have to, but wonder whether there is anything
else I can try, possibly a program out there that is accessible, and that
could look at any issues I may have, and, which doesn't take quite as long
as accomplishing this with the windows troubleshooter.

Any help and assistance would be appreciated.  I hope it isn't anything that
will get worse over time, but I'm wondering whether or not I should cure the
problem now, rather than let it go on too long before the situation gets any
worse.

Alex
skype name: grytpype2006
windows live messenger name: alex.thynne@xxxxxxxxxxxxx