[access-uk] Re: windows genuine advantage

  • From: "Ray's Home" <rays-home@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 3 Jun 2006 18:45:11 +0100

Sorry to say "Me Too" Vince, but I feel you are spot on here.  I've a
feeling that we are going to have to live with software activation - which
is what XP is doing, and it seems to me, in a rather more tollerant manner
than JAWS.

Dolphin have been adding activation to their products too and, from what
they have said, if it works the way they say it will, then it seems a fair
scheme.

Briefly, my understanding of Dolphin activation scheme is you can activate
on three computers, and activation won't be effected by any thing connected
to the computer.  The crucial part of their scheme seems to be what I might
call the 'screwdriver test'.  If you make alterations involving adding
internal cards etc, then re-activation is required.

Seems about as fair as its likely to get - if it works according to plan.

From Ray
I can be contacted off-list at:
mailto:ray-48@xxxxxxxx