[access-uk] Re: windows 8 with Jaws

  • From: "Jackie Brown" <thebrownsplace@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 6 Oct 2013 13:47:17 +0100

Hi Andy

Windows 8 isn't that bad, though I have only seen it, I don't have it on my
machines.  You can make it look similar to Windows 7, but the best
experience with it would need to be the latest JAWS release.

But, as someone else stated, make sure you don't end up with Windows 8 Pro
or whatever they call it these days if you only have JAWS Standard.  If you
have JAWS Pro, then it doesn't matter what version of Windows 8 you get.

Alternatively, download NVDA and save yourself a bit of dosh!

Kind regards,

Jackie Brown
Twitter: @thebrownsplace