[access-uk] Re: windows 8 with Jaws

  • From: "andrew shipp" <andrew.shipp@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 6 Oct 2013 17:35:45 +0100

Ok Bernard I think I got what your saying here. I shall take my time and make sure it is what I want.

-----Original Message----- From: Bernard Georgiou
Sent: Sunday, October 06, 2013 3:53 PM
To: access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [access-uk] Re: windows 8 with Jaws

OK well Windows 8 is completely different, it looks and behaves completely
different to any other windows. Jaws does not work with the start screens,
so you have to work from the desktop. There are a lot of extra functions
available, and you will have to learn how to access these and how to use
them. There are third party packages available to make the start screens and
some other functions look like XP Pro or Windows 7 but I tried them out, and
although it made life a little easier, they don't work that well and so
affect the machine and its performance. It is better though than having the
Windows 8 standard screens. The main thing is this, Windows 8 is very
different, it takes some getting used to, and you will have to really spend
time to learn how it works and how to use it. Its not impossible to use, but
its very different to what you have used before. I would talk to Mo who is
on this list to give you more technical details especially with the third
party interfaces and importantly, what kind of laptop to go with, as you
will need something with lots of RAM to make it work well with this windows.

----- Original Message ----- From: "andrew shipp" <andrew.shipp@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>