[access-uk] why does a K1000 scanned document appear when opened in word to use a US dictionary for spelling when the default dictionary for my version of word is English UK?

  • From: "Alexander Shannon" <alexacts2v4@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, "k1000@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx" <k1000@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 21 May 2007 20:51:17 +0100

Hi all,

Please excuse the crossposting, however, as part of the problem may relate
to K1000 but I am using an English UK dictionary in word I felt it necessary
to cross post.

As the subject says, a document scanned into K1000 and then opened in word
uses a US dictionary.  while a document written in Word uses a UK
dictionary.

I assume this is because k1000 is a US product, is this correct?

If I wanted to use a UK dictionary when checking spelling in a document
scanned by K1000 and then saved in word, how would I change this please?

Thank you in advance for any help recipients can give.

Alexander Shannon