[access-uk] Re: who got a Sky Talker?

  • From: Peter Holdstock <peterholdstock@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 15 Dec 2010 17:05:45 +0000

Hi, if I were still using Sky then yes I’d be using it all the time as despite
it’s limited functionality it is still very useful compared to what and how we
accessed sky plus before. I’ve now switched to using a satelite tuner card on
my media centre PC and have all the freesat channels, all fully accessible
including the synopsis, series info etc. The great thing is that if there is a
clash with programmes set to record it actually automatically finds the clashed
episode on other channels i.e. if Eastenders clashes with two other programmes
it then automatically records it later on BBC Three. I’ve got less channels
than on sky but still hundreds of them and it’s all very very searchable so I’m
actually watching much more TV now. I’d recommend this option to anyone. You
just need a windows 7 PC and a satelite tuner TV card which can be got for
quite cheap.

Peter