[access-uk] Re: which version of vista do i need to buy

  • From: "Christopher Hallsworth" <chrishallsworth@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 26 Jul 2007 21:57:15 +0100

If XP was preinstalled by the manufacturer, chances are it'll be an OEM
version. That's all I can help you with I'm afraid, but you could try
the Vista upgrade option. Hope someone has better knowledge of this
though as I don't wish to be responsible for losing your money, grins.
On Thu, 26 Jul 2007 21:50:05 +0100, "terrcooper" <terry.cooper@xxxxxxx>
said:
> Hi all
>
> Can anyone clarify for me the above.
>
> I'm currently using a Compaq dv1000 laptop, which came with xp home
> pre-installed.  It had no xp installation disk with it, but instead had a
> partitioned drive with the recovery software in there.  There is a hp
> utility which will allow me to revert the pc back to how it was when I
> bought it.
>
> Do I have a OEM version of xp?
>
> If I do, and wanted to buy vista home premium, which one do I need to
> buy.
>
> Is it the upgrade version?  Does the version I need to buy have to have
> OEM in the title?
>
> Hey look, I'm tired, so sorry for the hap hazard way that was written.
>
> Any help appreciated.
>
> terry
Christopher Hallsworth
E-mail: chrishallsworth@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Skype name chrishallsworth7266
MSN: ch9675@xxxxxxxxxxx

Why not join the Blind Hobbyist mailing list! To subscribe, send a blank
message to blind-hobbyist-subscribe@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx