[access-uk] Re: when is the new braille coming out as i have had some information

  • From: "Sayka Hussain" <home@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 22 Jun 2008 21:10:17 +0100

I don't know about anyone else, but I for one am going to stick to the
Braille we have  for reading notes and so on.  When in reading in meetings,
I have enough stuff to get through as it is without doing away with
contractions.  While sighted people can scan print with their eyes which
takes a matter milliseconds, braille does whether we like it or not, take
longer to read.  I've used braille since the age of five and even now in the
age of electronic technology, can't see why you'd get confused.  I'm
probably missing something big-time, but I've never come across any
ambiguity in the braille code.

It sounds to be like a matter of common sense, who in their right mind would
use contractions when writing an email address in braille?  I can appreciate
there are complications in the braille maths and science codes but as the
majority of braille users will only make use of these during their
schooldays, it shouldn't be something to lose sleep over.

Chill people, I'd say for personal use go ahead and use what you're
comfortable with.

Sayka