[access-uk] Re: when is the new Braille coming out as I have had some information

  • From: "Jackie Cairns" <cairnsplace@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 25 Jun 2008 19:12:46 +0100

Hi Derek

While I'm trying desperately hard to see your point of view on this one, the fact is it is down to personal choice. For all the reasons people on the list have highlighted already, there is a lot of practical sense in taking subscriptions in other formats like Email, computer disk, audio, etc. As much as I love Braille and use it every single day of my life for something, I do see the points of view being expressed as well as yours. You mustn't be too judgmental Derek. You say that the issue of having Braille delivered is an excuse. No it isn't. I've just moved to Northampton, and while I receive a lot of Braille in the post, I have to limit it to an extent otherwise I would end up at the Sorting Office all the time, and I simply don't know my way around here yet to afford that luxury. My mail is delivered to my small metal box outside my flat, and there is only so much the postwoman can fit in it.

So, in an ideal world, we'd all like to have what we love most, but life ain't always that simple mate.

Jackie

Email: cairnsplace@xxxxxxx