[access-uk] Re: wINDOWS 7 32-BIT OR 64-BIT

  • From: Jonathan <digitaltoast@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 3 Dec 2010 16:48:55 +0000

Hi Eleanor,

According to Microsoft: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/827218#WinVista7

If you have Windows Vista or Windows 7, there are two methods to
determine whether you are running a 32-bit or a 64-bit version. If one
does not work, try the other.
Method 1: View System window in Control Panel
Click Start, type system in the Start Search box, and then click
system in the Programs list.
The operating system is displayed as follows:
For a 64-bit version operating system: 64-bit Operating System appears
for the System type under System.
For a 32-bit version operating system: 32-bit Operating System appears
for the System type under System.
Method 2: View System Information window
Click Start, type system in the Start Search box, and then click
System Information in the Programs list.
When System Summary is selected in the navigation pane, the operating
system is displayed as follows:
For a 64-bit version operating system: x64-based PC appears for the
System type under Item.
For a 32-bit version operating system: x86-based PC appears for the
System type under Item.