[access-uk] Re: volume on my new laptop

  • From: Vincent Thacker <vince@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 1 Dec 2013 03:12:37 +0100 (CET)

Mark, I can't comment on changing the hardware settings on your laptop, but to
change the Windows 8 volume, hold down the Windows key and press the letter i.
This will get you a settings window. Press Tab until you hear "volume", press
Enter, and you should now have a volume slider that will respond to the up and
down arrow keys.

Vince.

Message Received: Dec 01 2013, 12:49 AM
From: "mark bishop"
To: access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [access-uk] volume on my new laptop

Hi all
This may be a longshot. I have a pacard bell laptop. The speech is quite
quiet on it. At present I just have narrator on it but when I had to go
online to listen to a capcha it was nearly too quiet. However, I cannot
find a physical button/switch or dial for volume. Does anyone know how I
might increase volume?
thanks
Mark Bishop