[access-uk] Re: volume on my new laptop

  • From: "Eleanor Burke" <eleanorburke@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 1 Dec 2013 01:20:34 +0000

There are volume buttons on the Function keys on the top row. If you have
Supernova on it you can go in to key describe mode. I changed my keyboard to
standard instead of media. This requires sighted help so although I did not buy
it from Currys I went along and asked them to do it for me as it was not that I
required them to do it because I did not have the knowledge or skill but
because I could not do it without sight and without screen reader, it is a BIOS
setting. It will then mean that you can use the shut-down without having to use
the FN key.