[access-uk] Re: voices

  • From: Niall Gallagher <nialljg91@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 8 Apr 2015 13:51:38 +0100

Hi David,

You can add other voices by:
1. Opening system preferences and selecting the dictation and speech
preference option.
2. Activate the text to speech tab on the window that appears, and
choose customize from the system voice drop down menu.
3. The window that opens gives you a list of voices you can select,
preview, and download.

Strictly speaking, this is how to add system voices, but the
downloaded voice is usable by VoiceOver too.
Downloading additional VoiceOver voices can be performed through the
VoiceOver utility, but the end result is the sane.
Note: you might need to turn off and on VoiceOver after the download
is finished.

Kind regards,

Niall

Sent from my iPhone

On Apr 8, 2015, at 12:29 PM, David Weston <david@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Hi, I have only two voices on my iMac, and I was wondering how can I put
more voices on my computer? If so can anyone tell me the steps to load more
voices on to my iMac? David** To leave the list, click on the
immediately-following link:-