[access-uk] Re: voice recorders

  • From: "Whizza" <Whizza8@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 11 Jan 2012 18:45:27 -0000

Hi Graham,

There is the Olympus DM5 which I think is better than the DS50 which I
originally had.  It has 8 gb of memory and can also take micro SD cards, it
has full text to speech so will give you file names and folder names as well
as the time and date and battery status.  Menu items are also spoken.  There
is also manual as well as auto record levels and you can record in MP3, Wav
or WMA formats.

The RNIB sells it for £210.  You don?t pay VAT because of the text to speech
facility.  I think it compares very well to your DS75 but perhaps you might
like to check it out at the RNIB shop and see what you think.  I?m very
pleased with mine!

Cheers,

Sandra.