[access-uk] Re: voice dream email

  • From: john gallagher <john@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 11 Jun 2015 15:40:57 +0100

hi pete cheers yes everyone has to make money of course these days. i have it
working now so i will see if i can get mail. thanks then. nice to hear you're
okay.

From: pete gurney <pete@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Thursday, 11 June 2015 2.58 pm

john,

i forgot to say i also set both the incoming and outgoing security to
none.

pete.

--
pete gurney <pete@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

On Thu, 11 Jun 2015 14.30.55 60100
John Gallagher <john@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Hi Pete interesting I have my gmail and pop3 email on my iphone but
when I try imap for my plusnet in this voice dream email app it says
wrong username and password. strange.
also strange is in my outlook account on the pc the email works but if
I use outlook on the iphone it cannot retreive email.
still doing my guide dog training but, when I get time I must have a
look at it all.
at least I can get all email on my iphone which is a great help.
supprising how many emails now a days I get for piano tuning.
cheers then$At 14.18 11/06/2015, you wrote:
hi john,

i installed it and had a look this morning and as far as i can tell it
has to be an imap account.
i was also supprised as i have both the reader and writer but this
doesn't seem as friendly.
for example if you go into an email message although it speaks it to
you
there is actually nothing on the screen other than a back button on the
top left and anI button on the top right both of which you can't
navigat to because you can't use voiceover in this screen.
so you have no method of moving around the text of an email to check
anything.
if you touch the back button it will take you back to the main screen
where voiceover works again but it seemed a bit hit and miss as you
can't tap on it as a double tap is the built in command to dictate a
reply and this is only available in the pro version.
i also think the I button does the same thing.
i thought the app would automatically check for new mail when open but
could only get it to retreve mail by doing a 3 finger swipe down the
screen and even when it does get new mail it doesn't give any audible
indication that you have new emails you have to swipe around the screen
to see if there are any.
when i first launched the app and setup an imap account it
automatically
spoke the help message telling you what the commands are which i did
not
hear fully but can't find anything in the app to tell you what they are
so i have emailed the developer asking him.

pete.

--
pete gurney <pete@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

On Thu, 11 Jun 2015 14.00.59 60100
John Gallagher <john@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Hi all
does voice dream email only do imap? thanks.
cannot seem to set up a pop3 email account on it.