[access-uk] Re: virgin media

  • From: "Alistair" <alistair.kelly@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 30 Aug 2010 08:06:34 +0100

Hi Carol,

The V+box has a internal hard drive, it can record up to 80 hours of normal TV and half that of HD TV, it also has a fan to keep the drive cool. (I find it a wee bit noisy) As to how easy it is for someone who is total? it depends on memorising a number of key presses to access what you have recorded, as usual the recording of programmes in advance is for me at least impossible. However if you are at the tv you can simply press record from the remote whilst on the channel you wish to record and then switch away and watch something else as long as you switch back to press the stop button when your prog is finished. You can record 2 channels at the same time whilst watching a third. Forget how many hundreds of channels sky offers but with Virgin XL think it is a total of 165 or thereabouts. I should add I as a totally blind person love my V plus box, especially the delay live tv and the easy record of progs although it would be great to have voice access to the calender recording, maybe someday!lol!

Alistair

----- Original Message ----- From: "Carol Pearson" <carol.pearson29@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>