[access-uk] Re: victor reader stream problem

  • From: john gallagher <john@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 18 Aug 2015 10:37:42 +0100

hi hazel yes it's so sad though that we as blind people have to pay loads more
for the special stuff so to speak and again if anything goes wrong it is a real
real difficult one.

i have the u 2 it every now and then it just powers down for no reason at all
which again is a real pain though i just restart it back up.

now if it gets worse i have to make a choice do i try access to work and try
for a braille display with note taking on it and use the i devices more or do i
look at another note taker.

there must be a situation with the stream why this is happening and like
anything it is getting to the source of a problem.

last week i went to a customer who had another piano tuner go to try and stop a
buzzing noise in her piano. this guy was there for hours but he could not find
out the difficulty. so, i walked in her house and listened to the buzzing as i
played something on her piano and straight away i told her to walk to the back
of the room and look on the side board. to cut a long storry short it was a
vause which vibrated when she played an e flat but, the problem was solved with
a good laugh. so, wonder if the stream does this when lots of music or podcasts
are on it or can it just do it with nothing on it. it has put me off getting a
stream so i may just get the most up to date ipod. hi really hope it gets
sorted as a lot of blind people use this device. i do understand these
companies are in such a very small market and have to make money to survive

From: Hazel Darvell <witch.hazel66@xxxxxxxxx>
To: access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Monday, 17 August 2015 8.51 am

0was
0was No, even with the charger connected there is no power.
0was Will be phoning Humanware as this is very poor performance for the money.
0was Hazel
0was On 16/08/2015 22.01, CJ &AA MAY wrote:
Try making sure the battery is sitting properly. On the two occasions I
have
dropped my Stream it appeared to die but it turned out that the battery
had
shifted.
Does your Stream work when connected to the mains?
Alison