[access-uk] Re: verified by Visa and online purchases

  • From: "Andy Collins" <andy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 10 Nov 2007 20:08:27 -0000

Alexander -

This is the normal procedure that you are experiencing regarding verify by
visa. That verify screen should have a button to click if you are not
already registered with verify by visa. Once you start the on-line
registration with verify by visa, you will be asked for the name of your
bank, and then taken to their page where you will have to fill in some
details, and then be returned to the verify by visa page, and then after
this, back to the initial purchase page for the product you want to buy. It
really is strait forward, and I don't believe can be done by ringing or
calling in to your bank. I get a sense of you being wary of making web
transactions, but there is little to fear,  sometimes if you just get the
courage to follow the onscreen prompts, all becomes clear, and if you get so
far, and feel unhappy with the experience, you can always back out before
you commit to things.

I think the more you deal with online purchasing, the more comfortable you
will feel about it, and credit card companies do offer protection against
online fraud.

I encourage you to give it a go, you'll come across verify by visa quite a
bit, as more and more online retailers are registering with it.

Good luck -

Andy