[access-uk] Re: various penfriend questions answered

  • From: "john coley" <johncoley@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 8 Jul 2009 16:49:19 +0100

Even better.
                   John.

----- Original Message ----- From: "william lomas" <lomaswilliam@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Wednesday, July 08, 2009 4:46 PM
Subject: [access-uk] Re: various penfriend questions answered

54

On 8 Jul 2009, at 16:40, john coley wrote:

Hi Tony, no worries, as we don't have to pay the vat it's only 59.
                  John.

----- Original Message ----- From: "Tony Sweeney" <deirton711@xxxxxxxxx

From: access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx] On
Behalf
Of
Long, Alison
Sent: 07 July 2009 16:30
To: access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Hi,
David is correct.  Although you can't buy those labels again,
there are
over
50,000 labels or codes, so you can just carry on.  You can delete
the
recordings, or apply the labels to reusable objects like clips,
tags on
elastic bands etc.  70 hours is a lot of labels for short messages.

Certainly in the focus groups, people were talking about using one
pen
for
everyday use, like food labelling, messages etc and another for
their
collection of CD's, DVD's, wine etc.

To answer a few other questions:
- yes, it has stereo headphone jack
- yes, it has an MP3 player
- replacement labels packs currently contain 380 labels.
- How loud is the recording?  This is a really difficult one to
answer.
think you have to try it for yourself.

I have given an update on stock in a previous post, so won't
repeat that,
unless someone shouts.

Hope I've answered all the questions posted, let me know if I
haven't.

Thanks
Alison

Alison Long
Products & Publications
Royal National Institute of Blind People Bakewell Road Orton
Southgate
Peterborough
PE2 6XU
England

Tel: +44 1733 375178
Fax: +44 1733 375383
From: access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx]On
Behalf
Of
Ibrahim Gucukoglu
Sent: 07 July 2009 13:46
To: access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Hi Carol.

That's what I'm trying to establish now from Alison *smile*.  You
get a
fair
amount of labels to get you started, but the problem is that once
you've
used the included coded labels, you can't get direct replacement
labels
with
the same codes, only the packs A and B meaning that all the
information
you
recorded for the 120 and odd labels you got with the device is
useless
unless you've any of those labels left.  That's the way I
understand it
anyway.

All the best, Ibrahim.

----- Original Message ----- From: Carol Pearson <mailto:carol.pearson29@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx