[access-uk] Re: ?utf-8?Q?Re:_[access-uk]_Re:_SimpleMic_Updated_😎?Message-Id: <14BB9339-8787-48C4-A71E-A4CE643BE698@xxxxxxxxx>

  • From: Niall Gallagher <nialljg91@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 5 Aug 2015 20:09:59 +0100

Hi Eleanor,

I would be happy to help you with SimpleMic.

When you first open the app, I would recommend exploring the app by
dragging your finger around the screen. A regular flicking motion
will not work as it is in fact activating and deactivating the
recording. I suspect these are the sounds you are hearing

You may already understand this, but to make sure there is common
ground I will explain the layout of the app.

Upon opening the app, there is 6 main areas you should be aware of:
1. In the top left there is a Record Option button. This button is a
little tricky to activate as it does not operate as a standard button.
If you tap this button once to make sure VO is focussed on it, and
then tap and hold for 4 or 5 seconds and release, you will here the
current recording option announced and instructions to start and stop
recording.
2. Opposite the Recording Option button, you will find a help button
in the top right of the screen. This button operates in the same way
as Record Options, so tap once to place focus and tap and hold to hear
the announcement. This announcement begins with Hello VO user.
3. A large portion of the screen is taken up by the Record Control
Jesture area. This area is like Flexy or other apps which allow you to
interact with an app directly. For example, to select an item there is
no need for a double tap etc. In the normal mode of recording, you
swipe right to begin a recording, and swipe left to finish the
recording. You can also swipe up and down to change the recording
modes. Modes available include Normal, Sound and No Motion. The final
action that can be performed in this area is the pausing of a
recording which is in process. For instance, you could begin recording
an interview or lecture, and then pause the recording if the interview
was interrupted or the lecture ended abruptly. You can then touch the
area again to resume your recording.
4. In the bottom left you will find the Recordings List button, and it
is a normal button so your double tap works fine. After activating
this button, you will be presented with another screen displaying the
recordings you have created. Each recording has a play button since
the update, but you need to select a recording before this play button
is activated. There are additional share, upload and edit buttons, but
they work the same as in other apps.
5. After exiting the Recordings List view, by double tapping the done
button, the area towards the bottom of the screen in the centre is a
time status clock type indicator. This is an element of the app which
cannot be interacted with, but you can use it to monitor the length of
your current recording. I don't think it has any other purpose anyway.
6. The final button in the bottom right of the screen is your
settings. This is a standard button, so your usual double tap will
open the settings screen. The contents in this area are quite
standard, so I don't think an explanation is required.

The above is a considerable amount of information to take in, but if
you have any further questions I would be happy to address them.

Hope this helps.

Kind regards,

Niall

Sent from my iPhone

On Aug 5, 2015, at 6:34 PM, Eleanor Martha Burke
<eleanormarthaburke@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

I have tried this app and I have tried the update and I have tried the
professional version and I find it so totally inaccessible. tried it all I
get is the tone going off continuously and when I touch the screen I get a
something about pause and resume and nothing else I find is dreadful at all
together. if anyone has any ideas how I might use this app before I make a
claim back from the iTunes Store I would be happy to give it a go.

On 5 Aug 2015, at 10:13, Jackie Brown <jackieannbrown62@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Hi Niall

I noticed an update but haven't had time to go through it yet. Great stuff
though, it is always very rewarding when developers and manufacturers take
comments on board.

Kind Regards,

Jackie Brown
Emails: thebrownsplace@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx