[access-uk] Re: using the iTunes program with supernova

  • From: "Edward Green" <edward@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 20 Jan 2013 20:46:52 -0000

Hi Trace,

I'm not sure what level of support you'll get for iTunes 11 with that
version of Supernova, but if it supports it, the following should help you
get your music showing.

When you open iTunes, press control s.  This should get the source list up
that lets you easily navigate between music, films, TV shows etc.  Arrow up
and down and see if Supernova reads any of these categories out.  If it
doesn't, then you may have got the source list to show previously, so you'll
need to turn it back on again by pressing control s which is a toggle.  If
Supernova doesn't read anything when you arrow up and down having pressed
control s, we can probably conclude that that version doesn't support iTunes
11.

If it does read the source list, make sure you're on music, and press tab
until you find a series of radio buttons labelled albums, songs etc.  You'll
have to tab between the radio buttons rather than arrowing between them when
you find them.  Make sure the songs one is ticked, then press control shift
b to show the column browser.  When the column browser is showing, you can
press f6 to move between your source list, list of artists, list of genres,
artists, albums, the search field etc.  Any CDs you've imported should show
in your artists or albums list, which you can navigate using the arrow keys.

Hope that helps.

Ed