[access-uk] Re: using a external hard drive

  • From: Vincent Thacker <vince@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 30 Nov 2013 02:29:53 +0100 (CET)

Mark, I can comment on moving from Vista to Windows 8. Although the interface
in Win 8 is superficially quite different, you can still use a lot of your old
keystrokes to operate within it, and you can search for all sorts of things
just by typing on the start screen. It's very likely a bit of a slog to start
with, but really there's nothing that needs to put you off. If you miss having
the Start Menu, you can install one of the utilities that restores it, such as
Classic Shell.

Good luck, and come back and ask questions as you wish.

Vince.

Message Received: Nov 29 2013, 04:06 PM
From: "mark bishop"
To: access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [access-uk] using a external hard drive

Hi
As part of my plans for a new laptop I think I have decided to buy a laptop
with less memory than I planned originally but to buy a separate hard drive
to go with the laptop. 2 questions, when I want to put the items from my
current laptop is this easy to do, also when wanting to put that stuff on
the new laptop is that easy to do? Also how easy have people found
switching to windows 8, particularly if you have swapped from windows vista?
thanks
Mark Bishop