[access-uk] Re: using a braille display with a pc

  • From: john gallagher <john@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 03 Dec 2015 15:49:13 +0000

futher to my last i do wonder if anyone on list has connected with success to
say a pc also has anything happened with the new braille pc that steve was on
about been so busy may have missed something. that is the 32 cell display in a
pc without a screen

From: Jackie Brown <jackieannbrown62@xxxxxxxxx>
To: access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Thursday, 3 December 2015 3.21 pm

Hi John

I have found that I cannot connect my Mini to the PC so that it comes
up as an external drive either. So what I do when copying any content
between the two is use a pen or SD card, then copy the info from that
pen or SD card to the internal memory of the Mini. I don't know why
this is the case, and it is a rather long way round for a shortcut.
But if you mean being able to use it as a display, I have never used
it as I have a display on my PC already.

Hope this makes sense!

Check out my website: www.thebrownsplace.info Read my EyeWrite blog: