[access-uk] Re: using a braille display with a pc

  • From: "Steve Nutt" <steve@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 4 Dec 2015 14:58:11 -0000

Hi,

Don't tell me Android stole a march on the mighty Apple? Brailleback
certainly supports the Edge. See here for a list of supported displays:-

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.googlecode.eyesfree.braill
eback&hl=en_GB

Long live Droid!

All the best

Steve

Computer Room Services
77 Exeter Close
Stevenage
Hertfordshire
SG1 4PW
Tel: +44(0)1438-742286
Mob: +44(0)7956-334938
Fax: +44(0)1438-759589
Email: steve@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Web: http://www.comproom.co.uk

From: Ian Macrae <ian.macrae@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: "access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Friday, 4 December 2015 1.46 pm

I recently had need to try connecting my Braille Edge to my iPad Mini 2
and received the message, Braille Edge not supported. Can this really be
the case?
On 4 Dec 2015, at 13.34, Jackie Brown <jackieannbrown62@xxxxxxxxx>
wrote:

Hi Pele

I have followed your steps below before, but can't get my PC to
recognise
it. As I have already said, it isn't major because I tend to use pens
or SD
cards for copying stuff across. Sometimes it is more hassle than it is
worth to complain. It is incredible how many times I hear: "I've never
seen
this issue before," or "We haven't had others say this is happening." I
just don't buy that, but what do I know? (smile.)

Kind Regards,

Jackie Brown
Emails: thebrownsplace@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
jackieannbrown62@xxxxxxxxx