[access-uk] Re: using Vinux with an IRLP node.

  • From: Mobeen Iqbal <mobeeniqbal@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 23 May 2013 13:05:06 +0100

Hello Aedan.

I see no reason why this wouldn't work on ubuntu standard or the latest ubuntu server editions. i have never heard of the script or program you're trying to get working, but often in linux if scripts don't work as expected the first time, it just requires modification to change path variables to make it work, not a lot changes unless base packages change. if you drop an email via the vinux contact us page, the project head rob whyte will be able to advise and help you out.

Mo.

On 23/05/2013 08:55, Aedan O'Meara wrote:
Mo,
I am trying to set up an IRLP node using Vinux but the special installation
using Ubuntu is specifically using Ubuntu 8 or 6 server. Here is a brief
section of the instructions:

"Is Ubuntu your preferred Linux distribution?  Ever wanted to run your IRLP
node under Ubuntu?  If so, I've made it extremely easy to do!
Simply grab my ubuntu-irlp-reinstall script and use it to restore your
backed up node, to a freshly installed Ubuntu server.
It was specifically written to support Ubuntu 8.04 (Hardy) LTS and Ubuntu
6.06 (Dapper) LTS server editions
due to the long term support of these particular releases. "

So do you think I can get this going with Vinux, because if I can it will
open up a great facility for the many blind hams trying to run these nodes,
like myself!
Aedan.
EI3EG