[access-uk] using Gmail contacts explained

  • From: "Mandy Palmer" <Mandy.Palmer@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Access-Uk@Freelists. Org" <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 30 Apr 2008 16:50:06 +0100

Hi I hope this may be of some help to some people.  I am using Google mail
and I always battled to add the contact's name.  I quite often read my mail
in standard view and compose in Basic HTML.  It always irritated me that I
couldn't put the contact name in, so I went prowling around the standard
view and found that it's quite easy to add a contact.  When you press the
contacts link, unfortunately you'll have to go back to the bottom of the
page where it will say contacts manager, if you want to edit a contact next
to each of them, as you who use Gmail will know there is an unchecked
button, check  that and go back up the page and you will hear button, press
the top button, Once you have pressed the button you can now arrow down to
the bottom of your contact list and there will be a whole lot of edit fields
email, phone number etc. and underneath each of these is add.  If you want
to delete a contact, it's a bit fiddly but put something in an edit field
and then below you will find a delete field where it says delete contact,
press the delete button and it will ask if you're sure you want to delete
contact etc.  I hope this helps.

Mandy
--
Currently in Bristol / Lulsgate , United Kingdom Partly Cloudy, 48°F(9°C)
Wind:W (280°) at 15mph (13KT)

  _____

Virus Database (VPS): 080430-1, 30/04/2008
Tested on: 30/04/2008 16:50:06