[access-uk] usb sticks thank you

  • From: John Gallagher <john@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 02 Mar 2009 09:59:50 +0000

Hi all,
Thanks for all who have got back on this subject. Annabel it is very good of you to look this up for me.
I will briefly give my reasons for wanting one of these usb mobile sticks.
First Paul when I am out tuning I use my mobile phone for my gps which uses the battery a good deal. so when I am away from home I use the net mostly on my netbook or braille sense plus. I think Steve Nutt said if I had a braille display it would solve many problems but how can you use a braille display via bluetooth and go on the net on a netbook.? so with a mobile stick would it cost a lot to say listen to an rnib talking book with net plextalk? I also use skype to make phone calls when staying away tuning. also my other interest is listening to football commentary on Wednesday world. when I am away playing chess say next August in the chess championships and Sheffield wednesday are playing I can go on to www.sheffieldwednesday.com click on wednesday world then audio commentary. I then loggin with a username and password and then can listen to hundreds of games by clicking on the listen link. so if I am in Western next August and I have a mobile stick will this cost loads more. at this moment in time I can use walking hot spot or a connection with t mobile for £1 per day via bluetooth.
sorry about the long post.
so to sum up when I am away I need skype and I need to listen to talking books or the football. again thanks to all who came back with interesting experience of using these thing.
cheers.