[access-uk] Re: usable cordless phone

  • From: "Ibrahim Gucukoglu" <ibrahim_gucukoglu@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 12 Feb 2009 10:47:34 -0000

Hi Adrian.

I couldn't agree with you more.  I have what probably today is an older
Panasonic cordless phone system I bought two years ago, its easy to use, the
menus particularly are some of the friendliest I've come across and the buttons
are well spaced out, the volume of both the earpiece and speakerphone are
perfectly adequate and my set has the added advantage of polyphonic ring tones
which is rather nice.  Mind you, these were at the cheaper end of the market
and I suggest you stick with the cheaper ones as well because the more
expensive units have features we can't use like text messaging, more advanced
menu systems and some of them even have touch screens which again are no use to
the visually impaired.

All the best, Ibrahim.