[access-uk] update on scangear driver problem

  • From: "john coley" <johncoley@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 14 Dec 2013 13:06:20 -0000

Hi everybody, I posted recently about a problem I was having with my Canon liDE scanner, in that the driver kept on playing up. Ibrahim suggested that the sensor on the scanner was on its way out. However I had a wonderful surprise when I found that when I plugged the scanner into a USB port at the front instead of one at the back it works fine. Has anyone any idea why there is this inconsistency between the behaviour of USB ports? The ones at the back work fine with everything else apart from the scanner.

                 thanks,
                   John.