[access-uk] update on adobe flash player problem

  • From: "john coley" <johncoley@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 10 Jan 2009 01:43:17 -0000

Hi everybody, the flash player problem is getting more bizarre by the minute. I did as Steve suggested and got the flash player uninstaller and ran it. The uninstaller said it installed, I got the completed message and a close button. As with when I'd installed Flash player though it only took about ten seconds or so, which I would have thought far too short a time for an install. Then I looked for the uninstaller to run it and there was no sign. I've looked in the start menu, in add/remove and have also done a search, but no sign. I've also searched the registry, and, although there are adobe keys none of them are for either flash player or the uninstaller. While I was on the Adobe support page I found mention of problems installing flash due to permissions. What I can't understand is that I had flash working perfectly before my last format and reload, and there's no reason why my current install should be any different. I also found when googling the problem mention of problems caused by a recent cumulative internet explorer security update. If that is the case I'd need to redo my unattended install disk, as I integrate updates as I get them. I can't understand why flash would be a security issue, as it's only a media player. Has anyone heard of an issue with flash and security updates?

               Thanks,
                   John.