[access-uk] Re: t-vonics hard drive upgrade highly recommended

  • From: Mobeen Iqbal <mobeeniqbal@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 05 Sep 2012 13:28:28 +0100

Hi John,

Many thanks for your feedback! Just to clarify, the boxes give 250 hours time with a 500 GB drive, so that'll increase to just over 1000 hours recording time with a 2TB drive. I just wish as you say the information on hours remaining was announced by the box, though when you're running low on space and get down to around 18 hours the box does announce you're running low verbally. so at least there's some warning from the speech.

all the best,

Mo.

On 05/09/2012 13:15, John Land wrote:
Hello Ibrahim, (and anyone else who may be interested), Mo Iqbal has just upgraded two Z500's for me with tb2 hard drives. You have to choose the drives carefully to give minimal heat output, as there are no vents in the unit's case, and no internal fan, despite a port on the back facia. However both units are working fine (so far) and give hr117 capacity approx. Mo has done a very good job, and found ways to get arround all the problems he came across. The Z500 performs exactly the same as the dtr500hd, with the same idiosyncracies! (i.e. fast foreward, and fast rewind are disabled on playback of radio progs, and some timer recordings only record for min2, even when there are no conflicts). But this is the best machine with speach we are going to get, probably for the next five years I'm afraid. To access hours used, and hours remaing, press the "library" button, and the information will appear on the screen. If you can't see the screen,, Tough Sh1t!!!
John